Alexandra Burke Executive Producing New Album & Confirms 2012 Release
In Entertainment and Celebrity on October 20, 2011 at 7:38 am
Alexandra Burke has confirmed that she has decided to push back the release of her second album to 2012.
The ‘Start Without You’ star, who previously denied speculation that the collection would not hit shelves before the end of the year, confirmed that she is currently putting the finishing touches to the record.
“It’s going well,” Burke told Digital Spy. “I’m actually pushing the album to next year. I’ve decided to. I know I had a big old rant on Twitter and was like, ‘I’m not pushing it to next year’, but I don’t want to rush.
“I actually want to have a couple of singles out before I release the album. I’m at the moment considering whether to bring the single out at the end of this year – so we will see what happens.”
Speaking at the Michael Jackson
tribute concert in Cardiff, the singer said that she is executive producing the follow-up to her number one debut album Overcome.
“I’m just putting my little thing on it. I’m executive producer of this album, so I don’t want it to go wrong,” she revealed, explaining: “I oversee absolutely everything. Nothing passes my ears. I hope you guys love it as much as I love creating it.”
On collaborations being featured on the record, Burke teased: “There will be surprises, but I can’t say what. Hopefully you guys will all be very intrigued.”
video credit: Grape Juice