By your 30th birthday, there are lessons you should have learned and experiences you should have lived through. Must of use will have gone through a broken heart, a lost love, financial mishaps or difficulties with our self image. Whether your 30 years old or approaching, these are a list of things that are worth having and knowing.
By 30 you should have:
– One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
– A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
– Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
– The realization that you are actually going to have an old age- and some money set aside to help fund it.
– An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account-all of which nobody has access to but you.
– One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
– A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
– A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
By 30, you should know:
– How to fall in love without losing yourself.
– How to feel about having kids.
– How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
– When to try harder and when to walk away.
– The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town.
– How to live alone, even if you don’t like it.
– That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents.
– Your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
– Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.