1. If you must use a shampoo, it is essential to use a moisturizing shampoo and not forgo the conditioner in your child’s hair.
2. Don’t skip the weekly deep treatments. They will help to bring back to the hair any moisture that might have been stripped between the indoor heat and dry, windy climate.
3. Moisture, moisture, moisture!!! Lock in the moisture added to the hair after a deep treatment and/or conditioner application. Butters and hair oils, such as Jojoba, Olive, Castor and Coconut oils work great at sealing moisture. Emulsify the butter of your choice in your hands and apply to the hair from roots to ends. Be sure to seal the ends to prevent splitting.
4. Avoid heat styling!
5. Use leave-in conditioners.
6. Try Protective styles (braids, weaves, wigs).